STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD
FOR THE USE OF THE OFFICIAL JEEP SOUTH AFRICA WEBSITE
This is an official website of FCA South Africa (Pty) Ltd. FCA South Africa (Pty) Ltd maintains websites under the South African co.za domain for the Jeep brand. You should read these conditions carefully before using this site. You should also read any specific terms and conditions published on this site that apply to individual services on this website.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
FCA South Africa (Pty) Ltd (company registration number 1997/014154/07) is a private limited company which is registered in South Africa. Our registered office is at 270 George Road, Noordwyk, Midrand, Gauteng. The VAT registration number of FCA South Africa (Pty) Ltd is 4800173033.
FCA South Africa (Pty) Ltd is part of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. Corporate Office: 25 St James's Street, London, SW1A 1HA United Kingdom
We can be contacted by post at the above address or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. You agree to use this website for your own personal non-commercial use.
2. This website contains links to other third parties' websites which, if clicked on, result in you leaving this website and entering a third party site. We do not control these sites and make no representation as to the accuracy, completeness, or suitability of any information or products displayed on those sites or assume any responsibility or liability for these sites. These links are provided for information and convenience only and do not amount to a promotion or endorsement of any product, company or service described. Similarly, the presence of any third party advertisement on this website is not an endorsement or recommendation of the products or services highlighted.
3. You may not create links to this website without our express written permission. You will not attempt to interfere with the operation or functionality of this website (including but not limited to) uploading corrupt data or viruses.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS/COPYRIGHT
4. All information, text, images and layout displayed on this website are the exclusive property of FCA South Africa (Pty) Ltd, other Fiat Group companies or their respective business partners.
All rights in this website and the material on it are reserved and no rights of any kind in it shall pass to you. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, or stored in any retrieval system of any nature, without the written permission of the copyright holder, application for which shall be made to FCA South Africa (Pty) Ltd. You are only permitted to print, copy, download or temporarily store extracts from this website without our prior permission:
• to the extent necessary for you to access and view this website on line on your computer.
• to the extent that this website provides downloading or printing facilities (such as wallpaper, screensavers and other utilities from the site.
5. All names, marks, logos and images identifying Fiat or Fiat Professional or Jeep vehicles are the proprietary marks of Fiat. All other trade marks, brand names, product names and titles and copyrights used in this site are trade marks, brand names, product names or copyrights of their respective holders. No permission is given by us in respect of the use of any of them and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder's rights. .
6. We do not warrant that this website will operate without interruption or be error free or that it will be free of computer viruses or other harmful applications. We will not be liable if for any reason this website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
7. We provide this website on an 'as is' basis and make no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this website or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties. In addition, we make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site. The information contained in this website may be out of date at the time you view it or contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors and we are under no obligation to update the information although we aim to do so. All our liability howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law and subject to condition 9 below.
8. Due to technical limitations, the colours of vehicles shown on the site may not match the actual colour.
9. Neither we nor any of our directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of this site or its contents. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies (subject to condition 10 below) to all loss or damage of any kind, however it arises (even if foreseeable) including (without limitation) (i) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, (ii) loss of data, income or profit (iii) loss of or damage to property (iv) wasted management or office time and (v) claims of third parties.
10. None of the exclusions and limitations in conditions 7, 8 and 9 are intended to limit any rights you may have as a consumer under local law or other statutory rights which may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or agents of for fraudulent misrepresentation.
11. The prices indicated for new vehicles are the list prices published to our dealer network, and which may be subject to change. Price of accessories exclude fitting and painting where required.
12. Products offered for sale may differ from those described or illustrated on this website due to later production changes in specification, components or place of manufacture. The contents of this website are therefore not to be treated as representation as to the current availability of products or services as described or as to products actually offered for sale. The right is reserved to make changes at any time, without notice, to price, colours, materials, equipment, specification and models, and also to discontinue models.
13. We reserve the right to alter or amend these terms or any other terms displayed on this website at any time without notice by posting the modified terms on this website and any such modification shall be effective immediately upon posting on the website. Your continued use and access of this website will be deemed to be your acceptance of the modified terms. (This will not affect contracts concluded on the basis of prior versions of the relevant terms.)
14. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service and/or information we provide on this website without notice.
15. These terms of web-site use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between you and us.
16. If any part of these terms is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these terms will not be affected.
17. By using this website, you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
This website is operated by FCA South Africa (Pty) Ltd. (“Jeep”).For more information about us and how you can contact us please see the Contact Us section.
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V is the parent company of the Fiat companies operating in South Africa and any references to the "Fiat Group" in this policy are references to Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V and its subsidiary companies.
We will always respect your privacy and any personal information that you give us. We will always endeavour to comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act 4 of 2013 and any associated legal regulations concerning data protection.
When you visit this website, your personal data is only stored if submitted by you when requesting information or using any service available on the site, for example where you might request a test drive or request a quote from one of our dealers.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION:
This policy describes how we and other companies in the group Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (collectively referred to as "we") intend to use your personal information. If this differs for any reason, such as in the case of data relating to children, we will make this clear at the time of data collection.
If you make a specific request for us to contact you, such as requesting a brochure, we will use the personal information you provide to fulfil your enquiry. We may disclose your information to Fiat Appointed companies and agents for this purpose. Where you request a service provided independently by our franchised dealers or by other Fiat Appointed companies (for example, a test drive), we may share your information with them to fulfil this request. At any page on this web site where you have the opportunity to submit your personal information, you will be given the opportunity to object to us, our franchised dealers and other Fiat Appointed Companies making further use of your data. You will also be given the opportunity to specify whether we, our franchised dealers and other Fiat Appointed Companies can communicate with you by e-mail, SMS and/or phone.
If you do not object to us making further use of your data we, our franchised dealers or other Fiat Appointed Companies may keep your data for a reasonable period and use the data given for our own internal research purposes or to contact you in the future to let you know about Fiat’s other products (including ranges of other Fiat Group products) and services (such as motor insurance or financial products) or special offers that might be of interest to you or to ask you what you think of us in order to improve our customer service.
We will only contact you by e-mail, telephone, post or SMS if you have consented to our doing so. We may notify you on the relevant page of our website that by submitting your details to us, you are giving your consent to receiving marketing messages from us and from our franchised dealers. We will however, always give you the opportunity to object to receiving marketing messages. Your personal information may be passed to and processed by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V., other group companies, FCA South Africa (Pty) Ltd franchised dealers and other agents who act under our direction. Your personal information may be transferred to countries both within Southern Africa. We may also share your information with our franchised dealers for use in connection with their business as FCA South Africa (Pty) Ltd franchised dealers. You may hear separately from our franchised dealers about our ranges of Jeep®, Fiat, Fiat Professional, Alfa Romeo or Abarth vehicles or from our agents and representatives about related motoring products and services, such as motor insurance or financial products.
FCA South Africa (Pty) Ltd will not pass your details to unrelated third party organisations except where we are legally obliged to do so (for example in relation to vehicle safety issues or financial regulation) or in order to prevent and detect fraud.
To help us to make credit decisions about you, to prevent fraud, to check your identity and to prevent money laundering, we may search the files of credit reference agencies who will record any credit searches on your file. We may also disclose details of how you conduct your account to such agencies. The information will be used by other credit grantors for making credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated, for fraud prevention, money laundering prevention and occasionally for tracing debtors.
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data in accordance with this policy.
RIGHT TO OBJECT:
You have the right to correct any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold about you, or to change your mind about the usage rights you have given us. Write to us at
FCA South Africa (Pty) Ltd, 270 George Road, Noordwyk, Midrand, Gauteng. You also have the right to ask us for a copy of the information about you, which we hold on our systems. We may charge you a small fee for the provision of this information to cover administration costs.
UPDATING YOUR DETAILS:
If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your e-mail address, name or payment details or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know the correct details by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by writing to us at FCA South Africa (Pty) Ltd, 270 George Road, Noordwyk, Midrand, Gauteng.
We may occasionally create on-line games, which children may play. Parents should supervise their children's online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing online their name, address, and other personal information without parental permission.
FCA South Africa (Pty) Ltd strictly protects the security of your personal information and your choices for its intended use. We use current industry standard technology to maintain the confidentiality and accuracy of the information you provide to us. To protect your personal information, we use "secure servers" with industry standard SSL 128 bit key encryption. However, the internet is not a secure medium so we cannot guarantee that any information you submit to us will be free from unauthorised third party intrusion.
To make sure we follow your instructions correctly and to improve our service to you through training of our staff, we may monitor or record telephone calls between you and us.